Re: Looking for Medium Format Camera

You might find a Mamiya Twin Lens Reflex C220 for about that price.
Depends on the lens, that would be with normal lens. They take good
pictures, but there is a learning curve to seeing in a viewfinder
backwards and slightly above the taking lens...

There is huge difference between the newer (black) and older (chrome) Mamiya TLR lenses.

Although Ken Rockwell doesn't like Mamiya TLR lenses (compared to e.g. Mamiya RF ones, esp. the model 6), there are encouraging data published elsewhere about the superb resolution of the Mamiya Sekor 80/2.8

I have one old C2 myself and practically cannot distinguish the slides or negs taken with this from the ones taken with my old Hassy T* chrome Planar.

And guess what - I'm using the Mamiyaflex these days not only for its results, but also for keeping up my renome among the DSLR-d society.

The grapes are sour, I know, but paying more for each frame and losing the instancy ability, I still get good pics.

Cheerio!

Peeter