Re: PF Exhibits on 27 AUG 05

Dan C <bladman99@xxxxxxxx> writes:

> When I critique a photo, I try and look at its artistic merits only, and
> avoid trying to second guess what someone pictured in the photo may have
> been feeling or thinking at the time the photo was taken.   Similar to
> watching a movie, when Harrison Ford is running for his life from the huge
> rolling boulder, it doesn't occur to me to wonder if he was having a bad
> day on the set, or was comfortable with the shoot, or was worried about
> what he had to do for the next scene.

Well, I think that's kind of the point that was being made.  If you
*did* notice that Harrison Ford was having a bad day on the set, it
would be because the director and the rest of the technical crew, and
also Harrison Ford, didn't do their jobs right.  As you correctly
point out, that kind of thing isn't supposed to come through to the
audience.

When people's reaction to the photo is that kind of thing, that means
the photo didn't work for those people.
Dragaera/Steven Brust: <http://dragaera.info/>  Much of which is still down