Re: Comments on AUG 06, 05 photographs

> Bob - nice shot of the outhouse. Must have taken some perspective
> correction eh what?

Jim

Sorry to correct you.

Absolutely no perspective correction needed.  The "trick" was to hold
the film plane (image plane in digitals?) upright and parallel with
the front face of the building.  Not too difficult with a gridded
focus screen.

This inevitably resulted in a large expanse of lawn at the bottom -
which I just cropped off. I also shaved about 15% of the width off
from the right edge for gallery display to avoid it being too long and
thin.

I'm wondering what made you think otherwise?
Was it something in the picture ?

Yet another demo I keep thinking of doing one day is a side-by-side
comparison of a "straight" and a perspective-corrected shot.  They
won't be the same: the clues are in the picture.

Bob