Re: PF Exhibits on 23 JUL 05

>OK, let´s try a micro review; haven´t been many so far this week:
#

Per

Correction:  yours is the first and only review of the week, micro or
not.

>                 Jim Davis - Glimpse of Japan
>Never been there, but I suppose this is every bit as much Japan as
>Shinto shrines and kimonos.
Well, for me it's easier to say what I don't take to, that's
everything being in a straight line - blocks, boat, tanker.
It is a window on Japan - real Japan as opposed to history.

>                 Per Ofverbeck - Tulips
Well, it has the aura of being a classic indoor still-life but, as you
said, much of the life has started to leave the flowers.

I like the overall arrangement and lighting a lot but ... it would
work better with fresher flowers :o)

>                 Achal Pashine -
>Lovely little girl, only it would be nice to see what she´s so intent
>in doing!
World of her own by the look of it.
Indeed, a lovely shot.

>                 Barnet - Gardener
 "Barnet Fair"?

>Bob, this time I don´t get it!  Either you have a purpose with the
>highly obnoxious background, or you´re pulling our legs...
Not leg pulling - it wasn't just a random snap and though the
viewfinder I did compose the background elements.
I have to agree the background is a bit too bright (although I did
want it lighter than the subject ... not that light).  If I ever do
anything else with this (other than the PF gallery) I'll darken and
blur it a little.

>                 Christopher Strevens - Cook
>Photoshopped images, but for some reason I rather like this one.
It's not bad at all.

>                 Pini Vollach - Windows
Interesting idea, well seen and executed.

>                 Rodney Benjamin -
Good composition.  A little harsh and contrasty.
Well, I like it.
Is it contrasty?
Maybe - I'm happy with it as is ...

>                 Steve Shapiro - Another one of  . . .
>Still, I have an issue with those burnt-out and blacked-out parts,
Ditto.
Frankly I find no subtlety in the textures or lighting, without which
it bores me.