Re: PF Exhibits on 23 JUL 05

OK, let´s try a micro review; haven´t been many so far this week:

23 jul 2005 kl. 13.13 skrev ADavidhazy:

The PhotoForum members' gallery/exhibit space was updated JUL 23 2005. Authors with work now on display at http://www.rit.edu/~andpph/ gallery.html include:

                Jim Davis - Glimpse of Japan
Never been there, but I suppose this is every bit as much Japan as Shinto shrines and kimonos. Image-wise, those concrete blocks are a problem: without the text, it would be difficult to guess what they are.

                Per Ofverbeck - Tulips

                Achal Pashine -
Lovely little girl, only it would be nice to see what she´s so intent in doing!

                Barnet - Gardener
Bob, this time I don´t get it! Either you have a purpose with the highly obnoxious background, or you´re pulling our legs...

                Christopher Strevens - Cook
In the past, I have been critical about those "painterly" Photoshopped images, but for some reason I rather like this one.

                Pini Vollach - Windows
Interesting idea, well seen and executed.

                Rodney Benjamin -
Good composition.  A little harsh and contrasty.

                Steve Shapiro - Another one of  . . .
As a composition, I find this one far better than last week´s. Still, I have an issue with those burnt-out and blacked-out parts, but Steve has explained his philosophy, so I have to accept them as they are.