Re: Gallery review

Thanks all who took the time to write on this week's gallery.

My picture was "To the beach..."
A rather old photograph (late 1980's I believe).

A beach resort on the coast of Maine.  I used to go there year after year since my years in college.  It's now turned into a densely populated area which I avoid.

It was the late 1980's.  The beach crowd was beginning to show signs of obesity.  I was facisnated with this emerging process: Canada was still protected from the disease (not so today) and I had spent time in starving Africa.

Pulled out my camera and for a couple of years (single-week holidays), started documenting this emerging phenomenon at the beach.  Some good pictures, but the work never went beyond a single-copy "artist-book" on my shelf.

Titled: "Ogunquit, Maine" for the lack of a better title.

The picture this week titled "To the beach..." shows a gang of people marching (eastward) under the guide of a rather heavy-bodied, highly-determined, mid-40's father.  The day is clear, the sky is blue, the sea is wonderful.  This is a group that has conquished the earth (not just the beach), it's leader knows it.

But the other members don't seem to be aware of this aura of glory!  In fact, the group is anything but cohesive.  Kids are scattered around the leader, obviously not aware of his high-level mission as a guide.  The mothers have vanished (where?), but the brother (-in-law?) is trying to play his part.

Hilarious  ... -:)

On the opposite page of my little book, another group marches (westward) in a state of total disarray.  The leader seems to have been hopelessly crushed and so the members too.  The sky has disappeared in a sort of sand-haze under a torrid sun.  The beach is virtually empty.  The sea has vanished in the haze.  The group has lost a battle against ??.  There is no possible redemption.

In the setting of the book (opposite pages), these two groups are marching into one another.  The reader can only speculate on what will happen.  Will they even take notice of the another?  Will there be a major collision?     ...-:)

All together, there is about a dozen pictures in this tiny book.
It's funny, sweet also.
Life goes on.
Where might all these people be today?

It was the late 1980's if my memory serves me well.

Thanks again for the comments.  Best regards.

Guy