Re: The Scottish densitometer

On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 10:49:07 +0800, Steve Hodges
<shodges@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote/replied to:

>I dare not speak it's name lest it bringeth bad luck on all of ye.
>
>However, just for a laugh, I bought an RD 100R at a swap meet on the
>weekend.  It looks like it's in good condition, although I think I might
>just place it on a shelf as a curio in the darkroom.  (Do I dare switch
>it on?)
>
>Does anyone know what these things cost when they were new?  And when
>exactly that was?

Ye mean MacBeth, right?

There were densitometers and sensitometers, the latter for film,
former for paper. Basically they were for reading test strips to
control processes. Useless in all but large volume labs.

Made for many years in many models at several price ranges, all of
which were high.

--
Jim Davis, Owner, Eastern Beaver Company:
  http://easternbeaver.com/