Re: The old Raw vs JPEG: was Is a Batch of Photos ...

Terry <terry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> This is part of what bothers me about DNG, there has got to be a trade
> off some where if you are loosing more then half of the file size.

Lossless compression is easily capable of 2x on that kind of data, so
I'm reasonably confident that's all that's going on there.  I never
even considered the possibility that I was actually losing
information!  I'd be out there with the pitchforks and torches,
storming the castle!