Sent: Tuesday, July 05, 2005 11:18 AM
Subject: Re: The old Raw vs JPEG: was Is a Batch of Photos ...

Bob Talbot <BobTalbot@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

In terms of progress ... maybe it really is time for all manufacturers
to adopt Adobe's open source "Digital Negative" rather than their own
self-interest-generated "proprietary" raw formats.

Digital Negative (DNG) main page:
http://www.adobe.com/products/dng/main.html

I'm currently converting my Fuji S2 RAW files into DNG and working
from there.  Mostly because the DNG file is less than half the size of
the original RAW.  I hope I don't regret it.  I haven't gone back and
done it to older originals yet.