Re: Request for Leads on Cinematograpdy

This is a very general request.
Are you talking about simply colour balance and lighting?

Are you shooting film or video?
16mm? 35mm? Panavision?

Shooting film is very different shooting video. And shooting 16mm is quite a way from handling a 35mm Arriflex on a Miller head.
herschel

"kpp@xxxxxxxxxx" <kpp@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
hi all!
the die is cast...almost 2 years ago a discusiion on photography and concert lighting with a band's light tech, was carried on to film photography and a suggestion for J.Alton's book "Painting with Light". As luck goes about that time a short film and video festival for young/new artists started in my hometown. Some more discussions with people I knew and this year a connection was made, then last weekend I was asked to help a local guy with the photography part of his upcoming movie....

Now I had never ever any cinematography classes, but they feel I can help with shadows, lights and color balance that has troubled them a lot...

So these days I find myself browsing in Cinematography.com & Cinematography.net and saving what discussion texts are interesting or may be needed. Also since I am preparing a major book purchase from amazon, i have funds for a single book only...

So here where your part comes in....
please make suggestions for a book on cinematography that covers the basics and general priciples, and also alot of the tip & tricks...
I tend on picking from these lists
http://www.cinematography.net/Books.htm
http://www.cinematography.com/shop/books.asp
but I am open to suggestions of course...

Also!
I would like to point me to a few sites with downoadable info, much like the photoshop tutorial sites...

Granted i can never be a real cinematographer, but this amateur effort is promising and chalenging enough, and a good way to spent the lazy summer...

Thank you all beforehand, kostas

http://www.mailbox.gr ÁðïêôÞóôå äùñåÜí ôï ìïíáäéêü óáò e-mail.
http://www.thesuperweb.gr Website ìå ÁóöáëÝò Controlpanel áðü 6 Euro êáé äþñï ôï domain óáò!

Herschel Mair