Request for Leads on Cinematograpdy

hi all!
the die is cast...almost 2 years ago a discusiion on photography and concert lighting with a band's light tech, was carried on to film photography and a suggestion for J.Alton's book "Painting with Light". As luck goes about that time a short film and video festival for young/new artists started in my hometown. Some more discussions with people I knew and this year a connection was made, then last weekend I was asked to help a local guy with the photography part of his upcoming movie....

Now I had never ever any cinematography classes, but they feel I can help with shadows, lights and color balance that has troubled them a lot...

So these days I find myself browsing in Cinematography.com & Cinematography.net and saving what discussion texts are interesting or may be needed. Also since I am preparing a major book purchase from amazon, i have funds for a single book only...

So here where your part comes in....
please make suggestions for a book on cinematography that covers the basics and general priciples, and also alot of the tip & tricks...
I tend on picking from these lists
http://www.cinematography.net/Books.htm
http://www.cinematography.com/shop/books.asp
but I am open to suggestions of course...

Also!
I would like to point me to a few sites with downoadable info, much like the photoshop tutorial sites...

Granted i can never be a real cinematographer, but this amateur effort is promising and chalenging enough, and a good way to spent the lazy summer...

Thank you all beforehand, kostas

http://www.mailbox.gr ÁðïêôÞóôå äùñåÜí ôï ìïíáäéêü óáò e-mail.
http://www.thesuperweb.gr Website ìå ÁóöáëÝò Controlpanel áðü 6 Euro êáé äþñï ôï domain óáò!