Commentary on photographs in PF exhibit

seen at the PhotoForum's weekly exhibit at:
http://www.rit.edu/~andpph/gallery.html

Kostas Papakotas - broken ship 2
I like this photograph better than the previous one for some reason - maybe
because the ship is taking up more of the frame. I still find it hard to
"connect" spiritually so to speak with the scene. I do like the shape of the
the ship though.

Howard Leigh - US Mail box
Humorous - a bit obvious but makes you think twice at least about what the
sign refers to - entry into the mailbox is guarded by an attack dog or what?
The scene itself draws me to look at it longer than giving it just a passibg
glance. It is a piece of gardening life so to speak. Neat.

Emily L. Ferguson - Copley Square - Boston
It made memory cells tingle. I think I was in the same location once. Also
during rain. Beyond this connection the image does not do much for me.

Steve Shapiro - Beach Front Property, Carmel, CA
I like this photograph of the beachfront scene. Not sure I like that sign in
the middle foreground. The spit of land in the distance with a lush green cover
is inviting. I think I can sense the environment in this one. Too bad the left
edge of the image show a dark line and detracts from presentation.

Bob Talbot - Words
Well, this one leaves me speechless. I don't know what it is or what it means
or if there is some subliminal connection between the neon sign and the
reflection of a church and all superimposed on a painting or something.

Andrew Davidhazy - Twist
Sometimes a pattern is only a pattern.

andy