Re: Commentary on photographs in PF exhibit

----- Original Message ----- From: "ADavidhazy" <andpph@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Commentary on photographs in PF exhibit

Steve Shapiro - Beach Front Property, Carmel, CA
I like this photograph of the beachfront scene. Not sure I like that sign in the middle foreground. The spit of land in the distance with a lush green cover is inviting. I think I can sense the environment in this one. Too bad the left
edge of the image show a dark line and detracts from presentation.

Bob Talbot - Words
Well, this one leaves me speechless. I don't know what it is or what it means
or if there is some subliminal connection between the neon sign and the
reflection of a church and all superimposed on a painting or something.

Nice review, thanks. The 'sign' is an actual bird house. Coincidentally, there is a bird in the back ground. One of the advantages of a camera with fast shutter, for those 'psychic' moments that just happen. My reasoning for the shadow across the frame was purely artistic, in so much as the balance in 'negative spaces' made for interesting composition. -- Steve Shapiro

Talbot's Words is a picture reflecting the same aesthetic in the recent Frelander show. Nice pic.

S. Shapiro