PF exhibit - Words

Thanks to Andy and Chris - for one minute it was to be a whitewash.

> Bob Talbot - Words
> Well, this one leaves me speechless. I don't know what it is or what
it means
> or if there is some subliminal connection between the neon sign and
the
> reflection of a church and all superimposed on a painting or
something.

Well, it's just a straight (*) photo of a scene I passed early one
morning in Venice last month.  It was so incongruous to me I stopped
and set the triod up to take it: it was too dark for hand held.  The
reflection is in a window of the square behind me (as a slight angle
to avoid being in the picture).  The other stuff (including the sign)
was in the shop /  gallery / museum window [honestly have not a clue]

I'm pleased it leaves you speechless btw: at least it had an effect
:o)

:>             Bob Talbot (Qkano) - Words
What a strange image.  And the strange words.  To me in London they
mean
"have sex with the words"  Well I hope she is pretty.

Considering it was in Italy: the words maybe don't hold the same
reaction to the author.  Like I can say "merde" in polite company and
the eyebrows only raise slightly - unlike the tutting a full-blown
utterance of "sh*t" would provoke.

The lesson is good: this image did not cut it for others: I still love
the busyness and absurdity of the scene but have learned it's just
personal.  Strancgely my last image (man on the beach) held little for
me but got rave reviews ...

Ho hum.

Bob

* for some bizarre reason the very mention of this word gets som
digital user's hackles up.  Tough: you know what it means.  It's not a
collage, composite, double exposure or whatever.  It's just what I saw
through the viewfinder confounded with the exposure characteristics of
Fuji Sensia film and the Nikon LS30 scanner.