Re: redundency resolved

----- Original Message -----
From: "Andrea Coffey" : 'LOOK' USB 2.0 OTG (On-The-Go) Digital Partner,
Image Tank
:
: Sounds quite interesting. However on reading the screed, it mentions use
of
: a USB hub to connect USB 1.0 or USB 1.1 devices. (I think that was on the
: USB OTG web page.) Have you tried your 'Look' with non-USB 2.0? And did
it
: work ok?
:
: I've had good results with the Apacer Disc Steno CP200 which is a
: stand-alone multiple flash card reader and CD-R/RW burner.

they're nice that's for sure, but the thought occured to me that many
camera buyers are going to find themselves in the situation where the card
reader/digital wallet they buy today may not suit tomorrows camera/mamory.
I have a XS drive pro too, but this new toy will let me backup just about
any usb device or anything that be connected via a usb reader

So I hunted high and low and found a USB memory stick that was USB 1.0,
connected it and the device did what USB 2 does best in such situations, it
dropped it's speed to suit and copied the drive :-)

Thinking more on this, there aren't too many USB 1.0 devices around to my
knowledge which use the slower standard, apart from a few odd peripherals
like scanners, printers and a few older CD drives but I wondered how it
went with a USB 1.0 motherboard.. I connected it to my trusty old Palmax
pd1100 and away she went, connected fine and presented it's self as a
removable hard drive just as you'd expect - which reminded me of something.
I experienced many PC's running XP in the work environment that thought
they only had USB 1.0 on board.. they'd pop up a message saying i'd plugged
a high speed USB device into a low speed hub.  Annoying.  I know the
motherboards all had USB2.0 standard loaded, so what was XP doing?

I fixed this on all the machines I used but to this day I still encounter
XP machines that drivel on about being low speed.   Hmm.. more MS nonsense.

karl