Re: Vintage or Obsolete? (was Re: phase one and blad?)

And now, what should I do? Be ashamed for the moment of weakness when thinking of selling the beast?
No - I think if someone would buy this thing these days, then he or she will probably do it for using.
My greedy little hands would keep it in a closet anyway. Not healthy for the good old camera!
However sorry would I be afterwards . . .

Peeter

V KARTHIK wrote:
Well, I still enjoy making pictures with my Rolleiflex especially with
the deep yellow rollei filter and T Max/Neo pan film.  I also use my
leica r 6.2 and tri-x pan/xtol regularly for commissioned assignments.
But I guess I shoot digital all the time, and film shoots are becoming a
rarity.

I dream of making fine art bw photos (nature) using a 4 x5
camera and film and printing traditionally with my durst lab 1200
machine.

By the way, I am currently working on some 500 valuable
original cellulose acetate negatives.  Need to make full toned archival
prints out of every one of them.  So a lot of silver halide prints are
happening...

I do not think anybody should sell their film gear
unless they have stuff they can't use.. You never know when you will
need stuff like enlargers, lenses, trays etc.  I almost sold my
enlargers and  small photo lab, only to find a project that needed
everything a year later...

all good wishes
karthik

Quoting
elgenper@xxxxxxxxxxxx:

> Certainly.

  While I´m almost 100%
digital now when it comes to
photography, my M2,
my Leicaflex SL, and my Rolleiflex 2.8 E will
stay
with me (and even
see a film or two from time to time, just to
revive
the feeling of
heavy brass gears spinning).  A mint (!) Leica II
with
its Summar lens
will keep them company (it is six years older than
am  -  and I am
far from mint.....).

Only from my cold, dead
hands....

> [...]