Re: Vintage or Obsolete? (was Re: phase one and blad?)

Well, I still enjoy making pictures with my Rolleiflex especially with
the deep yellow rollei filter and T Max/Neo pan film. I also use my
leica r 6.2 and tri-x pan/xtol regularly for commissioned assignments.
But I guess I shoot digital all the time, and film shoots are becoming a
rarity. I dream of making fine art bw photos (nature) using a 4 x5
camera and film and printing traditionally with my durst lab 1200
machine. By the way, I am currently working on some 500 valuable
original cellulose acetate negatives. Need to make full toned archival
prints out of every one of them. So a lot of silver halide prints are
happening... I do not think anybody should sell their film gear
unless they have stuff they can't use.. You never know when you will
need stuff like enlargers, lenses, trays etc. I almost sold my
enlargers and small photo lab, only to find a project that needed
everything a year later... all good wishes karthik Quoting
elgenper@xxxxxxxxxxxx: > Certainly. While I´m almost 100%
digital now when it comes to
photography, my M2, my Leicaflex SL, and my Rolleiflex 2.8 E will
stay
with me (and even see a film or two from time to time, just to
revive
the feeling of heavy brass gears spinning). A mint (!) Leica II
with
its Summar lens will keep them company (it is six years older than
am - and I am far from mint.....). Only from my cold, dead
hands.... Per
Öfverbeck http://foto.ofverbeck.se 2005-06-15
kl. 02.32 skrev Guy Glorieux: > > ----- Original Message -----
From:
"Peeter Vissak" > >> I've been thinking about selling it
(sometimes),
but not so urgently. > > > > Are there others on the list
who
feel the same about their cherished > outdated equipment (camera,
enlarger, etc...)? > > Guy Glorieux >