Re: Vintage or Obsolete? (was Re: phase one and blad?)

<<My grandchildren may actually be thrilled to have it when turns into
a real vintage camera in a half-century.>>
It's actually very hard to predict how people will feel about "today's junk" in the future.  Stuff today that has become collectable has largely become so because most people trashed it in the past. Heck, the biggest "mistake" I made 30-y ago was not buying an e-type jag I was offered for £100 (150 dollars).  Had I bought it (a months wages for me at the time) ... where would I have stored it?

Will your grandchildren have any space (or even time) for keeping such junk?

Museum artifacts are best in museums?

<<Are there others on the list who feel the same about their cherished
outdated equipment (camera, enlarger, etc...)?>>

Despite what I say above, yes.  Exactly.  I have a "sad" attachment to physical things.  I like to "own" records (CDs) rather than licence them.  I still have all of my old mechanical camera equipment.  I'm not so attached to my Canon EOS stuff - can't get quite so anal about plastic!!!!  The digital era (software, computers, cameras) I think will have still less "grip" on me, though I still like working from the command line in "DOS" boxes anyday - conceptually so much more controllable/efficient for most tasks

I'm not aware of the youngsters in the family getting attached to things in the same way we did as kids: then again, they have so much more things (easy come/easy go) that we had.

Bob

--

Whatever you Wanadoo:
http://www.wanadoo.co.uk/time/