Re: digital future - was something else.

> Otherwise, things change, it's the way it's always
> been, things always change.

Jeff

The wheel is still round.

Bob

PS:  instant mash (mashed potato) was portrayed as "the future"
several decades ago.  The stuff tasted like shite but started
appearing everywhere ... well, in our school dinners anyway <G>
because "we couldn't tell the difference" (quote attributable to
many).

The fact was, the early adopters didn't look too hard at the quality,
only the convenience.

Then they sold us "New Improved *Mash"
Guess, what, it still tasted kakky to those that only had to eat it -
but was loved by cooks who no longer had to peel the damned potatoes
[all the while repeating the advertiser's mantra - and laughing like
demented 21st century robots]

Thank god it's gone: nobody serves the crap anymore.  It was the
future, now the past is again.

I love progress: real progress. I'd buy into that anyday
I detest change for change sake.
Manufacturers just need you to buy.