Re: There are two kinds of fools

----- Original Message -----
From: "Robert M" <written_by@xxxxxxx>
To: "List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students"
<photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, June 11, 2005 12:30
Subject: Re: There are two kinds of fools

: >>>There are two kinds of fools: One says, "This is old therefore it is
: good." The other one says, "This is new therefore it is better." -
William
: R. Inge>>>

I find that technology pinnacles at different times - some things are
getting better, some are feeble attempts to modernise and improve on stuff
that was perfected long ago.

think of the wheel ;-)

anyone know anything about external combustion?  NASA is currently
attempting to make a biggie they can hang up in space for something or
other.. it's an ancient technology that produces motive force from a
temperature differential using very few moving parts.  It is benefiting
from modern manufacturing techniques and the like, but the technology is
*OLD*.  Older than fax machines even!  ;-)

I guess for me the thing is not whether something is old OR new, it's that
it's efficient.