Re: Finishing film; was Re: test

Bill said:

>Nice angle. When you get down to it,  I think you might be correct. We all,
>I'm sure, remember times when we have shown our work. We begin to explain
>how it was created and almost instantly lose the listener's attention. They
>really don't care, and furthermore is not our goal to produce a pleasing
>image or ....is it to show off  our technique?

Recently I contributed an image to a local exhibition and the photograph was
not recognizable as anything that almost anyone would recognize. Some members
of the visiting audience seemed to "compliment" the image but almost 100% of
them wanted to know what it was or how it was made. Some were somewhat
indignant when I suggested that if either of these things were "divulged" the
image would lose its appeal. Anyway, bending to this indignation I proceeded to
explain that it was a layer of vibrating acetone photographed in a reflection
schlieren beam. Faces dropped and interest evaporated. OTOH, maybe it was never
there?! Can you win in situations like this? Maybe it is best to be a realist?

:)
andy