Re: Announcement about Kodak

>>>Bob,
     I agree with you. I was just offering the person  who complained about
the environmental hazards an option.
    I haven't done B&W in a lab for years. You can  recover the silver from
the solution but it is no longer profitable. When I had  a lab I had two drain
systems, one went to an outside pan where  the solution evaporated and residue
went packaged to the dump. This at  least didn't poison the ground water
(especially since I had a well supplying my  house with water).>>>

We love situational ethics. We want a spotless environment just as long as it is your environment and not OUR environment. We want clean burning fuels with little chance of environmental impact, but we do not want nuclear plants because, well, they will "blow up killing us all." Or so the uneducated people think because the experts say so.

We want CDs and DVDs but we do not want that nasty plant in our backyard. We want the other guy to drive less, not us.

We love to worry about the environment and quite often, our worry is silly and not based on facts. We feel we need to be concerned, but we do not know why we should be concerned.

Processing Kodachrome is probably a safe activity. Again, I am not an expert, but I must assume Kodak practices safe disposals techniques and reclamation procedures. They must do so by law. I am equally certain sometimes they bend a few rules. If not Kodak, then other manufacturers.

Everything we love, use, enjoy, and depend upon to live the life we want to live is processed, compounded, extruded, dyed, treated, mixed, and manufactured from something unsafe. We either give up everything so we can legitimately preach what we want others to practice, or move to a nice cave.

Bob
?