Re: Announcement about Kodak

> But I can't take a tripod with me skiing....:))
> (Kodak HIE with #87C is an even larger pest, at an effective 12 ASA)

Do not forget, at one time, Kodachrome had an ASA of 8 to 12, depending on
the film type and the meter. For example, Weston Vs. GE.

Many great slides were produced using these slow films and in all lighting
conditions.

> Just look at what generation of automotive emissions they allow in
> brand-new plants....all 10-20 years behind on US/EU.

The effluents produced mean absolutely nothing. How they are handled is all
that matters. Well, the laws apply as well. Do not assume just because a
process produces by-products they will not be properly taken care of. All
new plants producing Kodachrome would meet the required standards.

> But: the argument of toxic/carcinogenic waste is mooth, as long as
> Kodak still makes at least 1 type/size of Kodachrome.

It is "moot" because all plants making the stuff would follow the laws and
regulations.

> I doubt any essential Kodachrome patent is younger than 20
> years....after which there *is* no patent left.

And you are sure about this?

Bob