Re: Announcement about Kodak

Willem-Jan Markerink

     The desire to understand
is sometimes far less intelligent than
    the inability to understand

. . . than the ability to understand; there was an act of congress expressly for Kodachrome. It was the Environmental Protection Act.

Waste from processing Kodachrome is cyanide. Since China has no humanitarian concerns, we sold them all our Kodachrome processing edquipment. There remain three plants in the US under heavy waste management scrutiny. The portable Day Lab machine was made available, and I think still is; but unless you own one, don't complain about not having one available. They cost about 30% of the latest computer imaging processer.

Much talk about ignorance, so I . . .

-- snipped --

S.