Re: Reliable internet photo equipment - OT, CC Protection

> I am in no position to know who sees my credit card in B&H, and I do not
> know if they are crooks or not. But I am sure the officeboys will see it
> before everyone else.
>
> I should know what is a security risk, as my business is Information
> security.
>
> I also advise everybody not to give your credit card details to everyone.

It does not take a "security expert" to tell us not to give out CC info to
everyone. You might do what a friend mf mine does - use a Visa Gift Card. Do
not ask details, I am not sure how they work, who can get them, or how you
use them.

She simply buys a thousand dollar card or whatever the amount might be and
she uses that. If the card info is stolen, she is not out anything. My CC
company protects me against fraud and I have never lost a cent going back to
my first card issued in 1973.

Many people will have access to your card info, regardless of where you use
it.

You have two choices: worry about fraud (and, I am not saying you should not
worry) and stop charging purchases or act responsibly and hope for the best.
It will get worse before it gets better. Sad to say.

Bob