Re: Portrait Right

Dear AZ

long time not see you,
Thnak you for suggestions.

> Mitty,
>
> In the U.S. photographs of people in public places can be used for
> non-commercial purposes without permission.

Oh ,really. When I visit USA, I will be able to photograph people without
permission.
though it is just for non-commercial use only.

> It would not be against the law here to exhibit similar pictures taken
> out of the U.S..  If you post them on the web and they are protected by
> another country's laws you might get into trouble in that country but
> not here.

I see. thank you. (In Japan, we will need permission, we must be claimed
money for portrait right.
Even if it is non-commercial case. anyway, in the court, photographers,
don't get permission from a person on a photo, will not win. and I think
photographers will settle a lawsuit out of law court. This story I've heard
from a photographer of my friends)

 If you plan to use the pictures for commercial purposes you
> must have a signed photo release from every recognizable subject.

All right,thank you. If I get some offer from companies, I do so.(but I
don't know when.)

>  There are law-makers going crazy here trying to figure out how to
> protect the privacy of people from cell phone cameras. :-)

In Japan, some stupid people photograph gal's thighs by using cell phone
cameras.
In these day in Japan, Policemen seem to be so busy to arrest such men as
stupids.

Mitty