RE: f1.8 versus f1.4 question

I always thought the best lens was the one that gave you the results you want. The lenses that I like the best were on my Voigtlander Bessamatic but I couldn't afford to have the camera serviced and they tend to gum up what with the 40,000 tiny little steel parts of which they are comprised. But back to your problem - you've got both lenses so which one do you prefer? Are you a collector or a photographer?

Greg Fraser
http://home.golden.net/~fraserg