De: owner-photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:owner-photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] En nombre de howard
Enviado el: lunes, 02 de mayo de 2005 13:30
Para: List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students
Asunto: Half Res Half Ink?

Dear Alberto,

I have no real idea except that I'd expect the principle of mathematical
scaling to work...

Thus 720dpi = 1/2 1440 dpi along the horizontal axis AND along the
vertical axis. (?)

If my assumption is correct then the scale factor will be
1/2 * 1/2 = 1/4

Thus the ink usage will be 1/4 of 1440 dpi.

I have an Epson R300. I always print at 720 dpi. The rare times I tried
to compare to the printer's higher resolution I couldn't see any
difference with the naked eye... But it certainly took much longer!

No doubt forum members will disagree!

Howard