Recomeneded Programs

Good Morning Everyone:

I am setting up a computer specifically for handling my digital photography, and I would like some recomendations on software.

The computer is a Pentium 4, 1.4ghz machine, has about 256 megs of memory, and an 80 gig hard drive.

It will be running windows 2000 and will be fully patched and up to date

I already know for sure that I will have the following programs on it.

NIKON View
Adobe Photoshop PS
Easy CD DVD Creator

I would like your input on what other programs you would recomend. I prefer to use OpenSource / Freeware programs over commercial stuff, but will use what I must.

I shoot on a Nikon D70, and do mostly Landscape, sports and nature work, but I am hoping to get into more "people" photography -- Portraits etc.

Thanks in Advance

Tim Holmes
Fine Light Photography