Re: Recomeneded Programs

From: "Timothy A. Holmes

: I am setting up a computer specifically for handling my digital
: photography, and I would like some recomendations on software.
:
: The computer is a Pentium 4, 1.4ghz machine, has about 256 megs of
: memory, and an 80 gig hard drive.

: I would like your input on what other programs you would recomend.  I
: prefer to use OpenSource / Freeware programs over commercial stuff, but
: will use what I must.

exifer for exif handling
irfanview for batch processing
photofiltre for individual file handling
photostitch for panoramas
vuescan for scanning and raw handling
neatimage for noise reduction and barbie-doll portraits
jstrip for cleaning
qimage for printing

:-)

Bob?