Re: D70 vs D10/20

Just to complicate matters a bit, but why not consider the Minolta 7D?    I
have one and can highly recommend it.   The builtin "anti-shake" really
works with every lens; I can routinely use my 100 macro at 1/25 sec, and
can manage sometimes at 1/13 sec, handheld.
Great image quality, great viewfinder (just go to a store and look through
your favourite Nikon or Canon, and then with a similar lens mounted, try
out the Minolta).  And while your doing that, just notice how it feels in
your hand.

There's more to life than Nikon and Canon.

-dan c.