Half res = half ink?

I was wondering if a print made at 720dpi uses exactly
half of the ink of a 1440dpi print, all other things
being equal (size, paper, etc...).

Also, if the ink used will be the same for a picture
archive of 8x10 at 150dpi or 8x10 at 300dpi (or what
have you) when both are sent to the printer at the
same output res of 1440dpi.

This is because I am building my super area-coverage
ink-cost spreadsheet for my Epson 2200, in which I
dutifully note every print I make in order to
eventually find out the area coverage per cartidge (I
have made prior attempts to close in the cost, and so
far I estimate at around 1% ink per 8x10 at 1440dpi
but, you know, I have my doubts).

Since the computer can already tell me when a cartidge
is at 20% or just plain out of ink, I wonder if
manufacturers will ever include this **WAY TOO EASY**
feature in their print management software. Heck, the
2200 software says "There remains enough ink to print
20 pages like the one before", so I wonder what the
problem could be (and no, I cannot use this to
calculate the cost because each color is spent at very
different rates).

So, in the meantime, it's Excel time for me :(

TIA