Re: Best technical text on photography.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Joseph Chamberlain,

: I would like an indication for a textbook on photography that would
really
: get into technical details instead of discussing only techniques. I am
: looking for something that would discuss the fundamentals.
:
: Some of the issues I wish to research a little further include:
:
: 1. Exposure and what exactly defines the ISO speed of a film
: 2. Amount of light required for proper exposure at each ISO film speed
: 3. Formula used to access amount of light transmitted to film from
aperture
: and shutter speed
:
: The ideal textbook should be well illustrated but focus primarily on the
: real technical and fundamental aspects of photography instead of being
: simply a nice photo album illustrating techniques.
:
: What are your recommendations ?
:
: Thank you advance for your help.

the best?
terchnical:
Photography Theory and Practice - by Clerc

General technical:
the Focal Encycolpedia of Photography - Focal Press
The Ilford Manual of Photography - Focal Press

for printing:
The Art of Black and White Enlarging - David Vestal