Best technical text on photography.

Dear members:

I would like an indication for a textbook on photography that would really
get into technical details instead of discussing only techniques. I am
looking for something that would discuss the fundamentals.

Some of the issues I wish to research a little further include:

1. Exposure and what exactly defines the ISO speed of a film
2. Amount of light required for proper exposure at each ISO film speed
3. Formula used to access amount of light transmitted to film from aperture
and shutter speed

The ideal textbook should be well illustrated but focus primarily on the
real technical and fundamental aspects of photography instead of being
simply a nice photo album illustrating techniques.

What are your recommendations ?

Thank you advance for your help.

Best regards,

Dr. Joseph Chamberlain, D.D.S.