Re: Best technical text on photography.

Karl:

"Photography Theory and Practice" by Clerc seems a little outdated. The copy
I found at Amazon's is used and dates back to the late 1800's. Is there a
newer edition of this text that I have been able to locate ?

The Ilford Manual of Photography is much newer and the most recent copy I've
located is from 1978. Does this seem right ? Would it be okay to get a book
from 1978 if doesn't incorporate information on the much more
technologically advanced cameras and equipment we used today ?

Thank you for your input and making these great recommendations.

Joseph

--
Dr. Joseph Chamberlain, D.D.S.
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery