RE: photography - missed opportunities

Actually it took me quite a long time to finish my last roll of film and it had a LOT of shots on it that I was eager to see come to light. However, the old lady and I went away for 3 days and her parents came over to baby-sit our angels. I don't know if they were trying to get back at me for something but when I arrived home it was readily apparent to me that they had been on a 3 day espresso binge. The lovely, full shade tree I had in front of my dining room now looks like a sapling. My fancy pine tree I had in the back yard now has a three foot branchless skirt at the bottom which makes it look like an umbrella. A very expensive bush (one of 2 framing a pond is now a stump. All my bushes now look like trees and several are completely missing and to top it all off I've got a 10 foot long and 5 foot high pile of ex-plants in my front yard. But I can could have just chocked all that up to bad karma except that roll of film I mentioned earlier is missing. It was on a desk in a room that was 'cleaned up' while we were away. Sucked into some kind of void that also absorbed a cutting board and a whole set of wine glasses! Frankly, I'm just glad the kids survived.

Greg Fraser
http://home.golden.net/~fraserg