Re: Hmmm

I have no opinion on choices creative folks make to create. I deeply value
the freedom of living in a world where I'm free to create whatever I feel
like (within obvious societal limits). The only hope I have is that honest
representation of the art (or non-art, or stuff, or whatever) is delivered
with the work.

For example, as a photographer who prints in the inkjet medium, it is
important that my clients understand the grey world of longevity--if they're
interested in that as an integral value of their purchase.  If part of the
value of their purchase is in having the print last a long time, I tell them
what I know, what the current state of the science is as I understand it,
and where to get more information.  These days I'm much more confident in
the lasting nature of my prints than I was when I first started selling
inkjet prints 8 years ago (still looking excellent on Arches Cold Press 90#
watercolor paper).

Prints from scanned 3-dimensional objects? Cool. They've been doing that
since Xerox machines first appeared on the scene. Translucent objects are
especially wild, I think.

I hope to live to see the day when "what is art" ceases to be asked. It
simply doesn't matter. It just is.