Hmmm

Hi PF Members,

Some time ago there was a discussion about what to call a "print" made by placing objects on a scanner and converting the scan to a print. There is a festival in my area and in the photographic/fine arts area are prints made just that way. A viewer of the prints does not know this is how the prints are made. (I helped hang work in both areas and was told behind the scenes.)

It seems the creators of such prints don't want viewers of the work to know this is how the prints are made, which indicates to me they don't feel comfortable with the method.

In actuality, the prints are very nice and have a distinct quality all their own - an almost three dimensional look. Perhaps this method (scanning objects) should be an art onto itself. However, photographers/artists (and I have to admit - me too) are not too sure how to feel about this method of printmaking.

I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts on the subject.

Marilyn

Leave gentle fingerprints on the
soul of another for the angels to read.

Proverb