24 fps in question

k et al,  :)

> I think from memory the human eye has an effective aperture range from
> about f5.6 to around f16, we supposedly 'see' at 24 frames per second..

A high school teacher once told me that we see at 24 fps ... I never forgot
this because he was, in my opinion at the time, just wrong.

The fact is I am not bothered much by such minutia anymore but I should like
to note that we see not in intermittent fashion as implied by "fps" but that
our vision, our perception of reality, is continuous. We can be "fooled" into
believing that a stream of images that differ slightly from each other when
presented to our eyes produces the sensation of continuous motion and
"flickerless" presentation when the frequency equals or exceeds 24 fps. But
that does not mean we see at 24 or whatever frames a second.

:)

need some coffee ...

g'day!
andy