Re: 24 fps in question

From: "ADavidhazy"

: > I think from memory the human eye has an effective aperture range from
: > about f5.6 to around f16, we supposedly 'see' at 24 frames per second..
:
: A high school teacher once told me that we see at 24 fps ... I never
forgot
: this because he was, in my opinion at the time, just wrong.

yup, gotta agree :-)

: The fact is I am not bothered much by such minutia anymore but I should
like
: to note that we see not in intermittent fashion as implied by "fps" but
that
: our vision, our perception of reality, is continuous. We can be "fooled"
into
: believing that a stream of images that differ slightly from each other
when
: presented to our eyes produces the sensation of continuous motion and
: "flickerless" presentation when the frequency equals or exceeds 24 fps.
But
: that does not mean we see at 24 or whatever frames a second.
:

thats a MUCH better way of putting things.