Re: Film Vs. Digital

> Polaroid dropped Vectograph film and sold their polarizer division,
so I am mad at Polaroid these days. To answer your question, I think
not. We are really grabbing at straws. It would be a digital/film
hybrid. And quite silly.

> Bob (the other one)

Sorry,

You mean it's silly to call any analogue/digital hybrid "digital".

Thanks for agreeing.  ;o)

It might read as silly to you but in a sense that's because people
prefer black boxes to remain that way.  Once you start understanding
what goes on inside things start to diverge from the
"conceptware"advertising.

So does it really matter if "digital" sensors are actually analogue
all along - really we mean they are electronic devices.  But since
digital photography is "better in every way than film" why is it
people often say to me "that's nice, is it digital" about my prints.
If it's so much better why can't they tell they were taken on film?

bob