RE: PF Exhibits on 09 APR 05

:> The PhotoForum members' gallery/exhibit space was updated APR 09 2005.
:> Authors
:> with work now on display at  http://www.rit.edu/~andpph/gallery.html
:> include:
:>
:>        D.L. Shipman - HAR!

Allegorical shot.  A sort of cheeky parrot, I like the colours, nice shot!

:>        Achal Pashine - Spring #2

Another flower shot...

:>        Jim Snarski - Rite of Spring

Flowers again

:>        Christopher Strevens - Conversation

This sort of shot has had sales.

:>        Laurenz Bobke - Sunset over Loch Morlich

That is a nice picturesque shot that adorns 19th century paintings and early
photographs.  We are, when we make a picture like this, merely copying and
old master.  Really we must keep up with the times and take modern things
that typify today's world.  This type of shot has its place, however.

:>        Steve Shapiro -

Was that another try at the pot of gold?  As every cloud has a silver lining
then rainy days have their rainbow. It seems that not all is nasty, but when
I look at the natural world, it has its beauty but this hides harsh reality.
Even after the sun dies and eats the Earth our galaxy will crash with our
galactic cluster into the giant galactic cluster of Virgo and in this
gargantuan collision, which has already begun, everything will be destroyed
even our illustrious star ship flying space people cannot survive and after,
a long time after all matter will be destroyed in the giant fireball crunch
at the end of the Universe.  Our lives are so completely insignificant.  Why
was I born?  And then the silver lining, the rainbow, a new Universe is born
from the shredded remains of the old, a new Heaven and a new Earth. Jesus
said that!

:>        Gary M. Thomas - A Corner of a Foreign Field that is Forever
:> England

We will all be Europeans soon!

:>        Don Roberts - Marshland

The variety of habitats is amazing.  Everywhere is similar bu different.

:>        Trevor Cunningham - at the lake

Not seen such a dull, depressing, picture like this one for some time.  It
looks like it was very overexposed then over printed to give this dull
effect.  Try a higher contrast paper, and a better day with a few people
around.

:>        Kostas Papakotas - Lower Mani at Dawn

The power lines or telegraph cables spoiled that shot, I know they were
there, but I have spent hours cloning out these intrusive lines on some of
my shots, unless they form the subject of the shot.

:>        Deen Hameed -

This looks like a small section of a much bigger frame with the background
replaced by white.  The encounter is interesting and looks like its between
a senior teacher and a rather nervous schoolgirl in the fourth grade.  It is
quite an interesting shot.

:>        WRGill - Robinson Canyon "S" Curve

Really quite abstract but could be improved by a detail removal tool.  A
simplifier like Buzz or a watercolour effect would suit, but best of all
might be an oil effect so that only the main lines remain.

Chris.