Re: Film Vs. Digital

>>>Accepted and clear are different things.

Any of my listmates care to educate me? I'll accept my lumps. Perhaps I can sell my ancient Linhof and Epson scanner as a 96 (?) megapixel system.

>>>Sensors discribed as "digital" are misleading: they are analogue

We are truly taking this way off topic.

>>>the pixels created by the giga-pixel thingy are just as digital as those from a "digital" camera.  Once digitised they are numbers: real information has been discarded to arrive at the digital approximation ...

Say group, what should I start my Linhof/Epson 96 megapixel system at? The eBay crowd will love it.

>>>what if polaroid brought out a camera with a built-in scanner which took a PHOTO, scanned it, ashed the original print (to CO2) then saved the scan to TIFF.  Would that be correctly described as digital?>>>

Polaroid dropped Vectograph film and sold their polarizer division, so I am mad at Polaroid these days. To answer your question, I think not. We are really grabbing at straws. It would be a digital/film hybrid. And quite silly.

Bob (the other one)

Whatever you Wanadoo:
http://www.wanadoo.co.uk/time/