Re: PF Exhibits on 02 APR 05

>>>I did not claim that film was dead.  I simply claimed that it would
"cease to be the basic mode of image getting very, very soon".>>>

Forgive me, you are correct. Sorry to e-put, e-words, in your e-mouth (smiley)

>>>Although there may always be film, and the business may shift to
boutique films, once there is a digital point and shoot that's a
viable business model, I believe it's over for film as a commodity.>>>

I will humbly disagree. It is rather odd that things that were supposed to disappear have not died yet. What strikes me as curious is just how many local "photographic" stores tell me that items Kodak "no longer manufacturers" are still carried in the product catalog. Like the discontinuance of Super 8 film and many aerial film stocks. I think it is lazy store owners.

I am not sure what you mean by a "viable business model" for digital cameras. Care to elaborate?

Bob