To: "List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students" <photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, February 24, 2005 9:12 AM
Subject: Re: PF Galleries on 19 FEB 05

<<Ok Bob time to fess up, what is it?
It almost looks familiar to me but not quite.
Oh yeah I do like it!>>

Terry

Oh alright then

Its a macro shot of the centre of a transparent plastic CD tray.
Lighting was the key: it's lit from below via crossed polarisers ... giving the charactersitic coloured patterns ... which when presented in monochrome give wonderful pseudo-textures
"satin"
"stainless steel"
The black region inside the "plughole" is just a real hole - which through crossed polaroids looks black.

I like it a lot myself (without the black zit top right :o)

Bob

--

Whatever you Wanadoo:
http://www.wanadoo.co.uk/time/