Re: PF Galleries on 19 FEB 05

> Its a macro shot of the centre of a transparent plastic CD tray.
> Lighting was the key: it's lit from below via crossed polarisers ...
giving the charactersitic coloured patterns ... which when presented in
monochrome give wonderful pseudo-textures
> "satin"
> "stainless steel"
> The black region inside the "plughole" is just a real hole - which through
crossed polaroids looks black.
> I like it a lot myself (without the black zit top right :o)
> Bob

Excellent.  I'd originally thought it might be a macro of a snap fastener
that was fused in some sort of smooth fabric, or lightweight metallic
thingummyjig that might be used by a lost climber on a freezing mountain or
whatever :o))

I love that 'satin' texture effect - and I've just learned a little more
about crossed polarizer effects from googling - thanks.

I like the picture too - with or without the zit.

Polly