Re: weddings (might be a bit long-sorry)

My first message just disappeared off the face of the planet in mid-writing, so I hope this message isn't a repeat.

Good advice about wedding photography, Lea. Thank you for sharing all your expertise.

If you aren't all ready doing it, Shyrell, I'd get a "Proof" stamp and use it on the front of your proofs. I ended up doing this because of all the scanning/printing/copying options available to consumers.

First, I would lose sales because of these options, and second, the proofs are not a finished product and I didn't want non-photographers copying my unfinished work(unfinished meaning proofs did not have retouch, etc. done to them if necessary) and showing it to friends, family and possible future customers.

The stamp across the front of a proof irritated some customers, but I think many were irritated because they had planned to scan the proofs and make copies and enlargements.

Wedding photography is a very difficult area of photography and I have nothing but respect and admiration for those of you who pursue it. I'd rather be photographing wild tigers in a small, locked cage than photographing a wedding {:->

Take care, Shyrell. I am rooting for your success with this wedding problem.

Marilyn

Leave gentle fingerprints on the
soul of another for the angels to read.

Proverb