Re: Seeking Feedback - weddings

wildimages@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

>>I've seen the gallery and want to do a review but I can't right now. Impending
>>doom! My bride came back on me and is screaming MONEY or COURT!
>>I will say, I like what I saw.
>
> Shyrell
>
> Your experiences have only confirmed for me why I've always said.
>
> "I don't do weddings"
>
> Did you have a written contract?
> If not, do purely verbal contracts hold up in court in the US?

A verbal contract is binding in most cases (there are a few things,
like real estate, that cannot be transferred on a verbal contract).
However, there can be some difficulty in proving in court what the
verbal contract *said*.  Written contracts are far to be preferred --
not necessarily in legalese; a clear letter of agreement can make
things a *lot* easier later.