Re: Digital ISO; lens optimization)

Actually Olympus does make that claim, they say that the new line of lens' they have for their new digital camera bend the light rays so they strike the sensor at a right angle or perpendicular to the sensor plain.
Terry M
----- Original Message ----- From: "Jeff Spirer" <jeff@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: "List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students" <photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, January 30, 2005 4:28 PM
Subject: Re: Digital ISO; lens optimization)

At 02:09 PM 1/30/2005, David Dyer-Bennet wrote:
That was my first thought, too. But I haven't so far found on the
Nikon site any claims about anything except the small coverage circle
being specific to digital; I think Jeff is looking for additional
specializations.

Exactly. I pointed out in several of my comments on this that there are lenses made for a smaller image circle. There are some good reason for doing this - they offer a much better price point and lens size for a specific focal length or range. But nobody claims these lenses have other special design characteristics for digital as far as I have seen.

Jeff Spirer Photos: http://www.spirer.com One People: http://www.onepeople.com/ Surfaces and Marks: http://www.withoutgrass.com