Re: Digital ISO; lens optimization)

At 02:09 PM 1/30/2005, David Dyer-Bennet wrote:
That was my first thought, too. But I haven't so far found on the
Nikon site any claims about anything except the small coverage circle
being specific to digital; I think Jeff is looking for additional
specializations.

Exactly. I pointed out in several of my comments on this that there are lenses made for a smaller image circle. There are some good reason for doing this - they offer a much better price point and lens size for a specific focal length or range. But nobody claims these lenses have other special design characteristics for digital as far as I have seen.

Jeff Spirer
Photos: http://www.spirer.com
One People: http://www.onepeople.com/
Surfaces and Marks: http://www.withoutgrass.com